Last Saturday was my brother's wedding. My mom and I were so busy the week prior to the wedding we couldn't see straight. The wedding was outside and the weather turned out beautifully! It really was a great wedding.
Now that the wedding is over, I can concentrate on my cross stitch and quilting projects! I promise this weekend I will have the pictures of the totes up and a few other projects.
Wednesday after I was done working at the quilt shop, one of my friends and I went to another quilt shop in Denmark, WI. It is a really nice store, too. Carrie is always teasing me that I like to use charm packs. Well, I found a really cute snowman quilt pattern at this shop and didn't really pay too much attention to the fabric requirements because I figure this will be a project for the future. Well, I got home and guess what!! The pattern calls for a jelly roll and 2 charm packs! :-) I honestly didn't even know that! Carrie got a good laugh out of that when I told her last night!
I also got a little book of the quilt shops in Wisconsin and the surrounding states. Now, Carrie and I are talking about checking out the book and seeing where we can go on a day trip. I'm not sure her husband will want her to go shopping with me anymore!:-)
I have the one baby boy tote almost done for my mom's work person and now I want to do 2 more baby totes. One for my cousin and his little girl and one for one of my supervisors at work. I just found out she is expecting in January. Thankfully, the totes are quick.
I also need to get working on my Grandmother's photo quilt wall hanging for her 90th birthday. I got a call a few weeks ago that the photos are done on the photo fabric and I just need to get over there now and get them and get working on that. Of course, don't we all know that I will be using charm packs for this wall hanging! :-)
We are cat-sitting for my brother and sister-in-law while they are on their honeymoon and I have fallen in love with a stray little cat that is living in their barn. I named him Cuddles because he is so cuddly. I need to put a picture of him up on this blog, too. I know people will fall in love with him, just like I have. He is the sweetest thing and just loves to be held and pet.
Well, happy crafting! Have a great Labor Day Weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment